Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The first snow...

The first snow of the season blew through last night making people drive a little slower (GRRR). But a funny thing happened when I turned into the driveway and kicked it into 4-wheel drive...

So I am tootleing up my driveway - which is a pretty steep hill - and start to make the turn in to my garage bay (yes I have a bay now!!) and I started losing traction. No problem I am almost to the garage I will just stop and put it into 1st gear it will be fine. So I stop... and start sliding backwards.

Ever had the brain go - wait this is not the expected result, car is in drive, the brake is on, I should not be moving and I sure as hell should not be sliding backwards and a little bit sideways. So backwards and sideways I slide down the driveway. Now I got a little panicky because there is a tree that lives right next to the driveway that I am rapidly sliding backwards on. I missed the tree but figured that maybe this time I should get a better running start.

So up the driveway I go and I turn to get into the garage and all of the sudden I am sliding backwards again. So sliding backwards I am looking for the tree (like George of the jungle). Missed the tree again.

so after a few explicative words that all began with "F" I figure OK THAT DOES IT I am going to get up this damn hill - 4 lo. So I get up to the garage and I am just about to get into the garage and I am about to hit my car, slide back down the driveway got myself lined up and finally got into the darn garage.

Jeff pulls up and is laughing his ass off because he has watched the whole thing from the bottom of the driveway.

I thought it was really nice of him to be so supportive...

3 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Beakerz said...

that was EXACTLY what I needed. Such a long, strange, bad day....followed by a funny ass shit!
Honey, that just made me laugh out loud as shit!
Sssoooo funny!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger honeykbee said...

yay! for both of you! Yay!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to get a Hemi...

No Issues in and out!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker