Wednesday, December 14, 2005

tosha the sledding dog...

All day Friday the only thing I wanted to do was go home and go sledding - I mean what good is a hill if you can not go sledding! So after work and triumphantly got up my driveway, I pulled out the brand new super slick fast as all get out sled that my mom got me (THANKS MOM!). I put the leash on it, got the dog, and set out flying down the hill!

I have found out something very interesting about my hill in front of my house - no matter how you set out - you are going to go into a clump of trees.

So there I am going 20 miles an hour heading for the trees - well what do you do - hit the trees or bail? I bailed ass over tin kettle and the wind caught my sled and off it went.

My dog, being the ultimate Labrador retriever goes off to rescue my sled. She jumped on it with all fours, and off she went at the speed of sound! She did something that I could not do, and that was slow down. I am not sure how she did it but she actually managed to stop the sled and even more surprising waited for me to come and get it. It was just one of those moments where you say to yourself - "Damn I wish I had a camera!"

Off to the top of the hill we went, picking a different spot on the hill and this time behind the house. I jumped on my super slick fast as all get out sled and start down the hill, Tosha in tow. This time I figured out how to steer the darn sled and we had a good run until we made the turn in front of the house and into the trees we went. Tosha looked at me as if to say - "momma - you are nuts! I am going to eat snow."

I climbed the hill again and decided that I was to tired to make another run and I had better get to shovelling the walk way.

Low and behold here comes a neighbor... and he wants to plow my driveway! PERFECT!

He plowed I shoveled and went for one more run on my super slick fast as all get out sled... down the hill I went avoiding all trees, well almost all trees. I was going a little to fast so I stuck my foot out and did a 180. So I am flying down the hill backwards with absolutely no way to stop. Backwards I go into the woods.

So the neighbor now thinks I am crazy, but was more then happy to cut a deal with me to plow my driveway for the rest of the winter and I got to break in my super slick fast as all get out sled that my mom bought me (THANKS MOM)!

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

At least now we know how you got sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker