Monday, October 02, 2006

There is no crying in baseball

nope there sure isn't! And I did not cry once while being subjected to watch the NY Mets spank the Nats at RFK stadium. I amused myself by remembering (OK trying to remember) the last Grateful Dead show that I saw in the stadium. Questioned where the stage would have been, remembered set lists, and wished that Jerry was still alive - because a Dead show is MUCH better then any baseball game.

Being not fond of any thing of or pertaining to baseball (OK I would rather shove toothpicks in my eyes, so maybe I hate baseball.) I was rather proud of myself for not brooding, or huffing, or stewing. I smiled and did a lot of people watching.

I did my best to not smack the girl who was with us for her demanding personality (I mean she asked me in a round about way to wash her clothes for her. Yeah - And about how well did that go over?!? yeah - guess who will not be the great fredneck bonfire!! Her invitation was revoked!!)

At any hoot, I survived a baseball game, had a little bit of fun, and got to come home to the gaping hole in the side of my house ready for more spackle.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

Wash her clothes?! Um, maybe for Jerry... but only Jerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker