Friday, February 24, 2006

Just call me Pepe

So today is my Rolling Rock birthday - the big 33. I woke up on the right side of the bed, the coffee maker did it's job and my coffe was ready. It was a good morning and all was going well.

I had a meeting downtown and jumped on the Metro. I had to stand the whole ride because the train was packed like the sardine express. My train was delayed because of a disabled train ahead of us and it was right about that time that I noticed people were actively moving away from me. Then two guys who were speaking in english started talking a different language and glancing at me as they exited the train. I thought it was weird but it was also a stop where a lot of people get off.

Then it hit me - that oh so wonderful smell of skunk. I could have died - no wonder all these people were moving away from me - I smelled like a skunk. How could I have missed that one! But I was not totally sure that I smelled like a skunk so I just stood there kind of smelling my coat as inconspicuaously as posible. I was certain that I smelled like skunk.

When I arrived at my clients site I asked them if they could smell skunk - and of course they could. How mortifing! I will forever be known as the girl on the metro the smelled like a skunk!

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

I totally didn't smell it, swear!
Entirely possible that I am hard of smelling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker