Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ahhh sleep....

For those of you who are wondering how long it took to put out the 3 foot deep pile of embers in the firepit - they just went out last night with the rain. yes the Bonfire remained burning for roughly 4 days, despite repeated drenchings and turnings. I do not have pictures yet, and quite frankly I did not take any myself.

I was more worried about did everyone eat enough and what time we were cutting the cake.

But now that the fire is out and for the most part everything has been cleaned up I can honestly say that the Bonfire is over. And yes I am already mentally plotting the next one!

A huge thank you to my mother-in-law and brother in law for helping keep me sane! It would not have gotten done if you had not helped!! FireMarshall B - thank you for not letting the fawr get out o control. And last but not least Jeff - you rock!! Thank you for everything - even the last minute ice run.

All in all we had one TV crew, 2 dogs, and 56 people. Who consumed 25 lbs of ribs, roughly 40 hamburgers, 10 lbs of italian sausage, one veggie lasgna, 2 lbs of crab dip, a whole artichoke dip, countless bags of corn chips, a couple cases of beer, a couple bottles of liquor, and half of an anniversary cake! Whoo hoo - let's do it all gain next week!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

what better way to wash down 25 lbs of ribs?! Mmm mm mm mmm mm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker