Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Never under estimate the power of a snow shovel

and a woman who knows how to use it. So the water sagas continue...

Bleaching the well was fun - I hope we never have to do that again. Hot water filled with chlorine wrecks havoc on the nasal passages. But the good part to all of that is that we now know it take approximately 7 hours to drain the well dry and we could get almost all of the dirt that was dug up running the pipe from the well to the house back into the trench. Not more bump in the middle of the lawn!! YEA!

Our new, very expensive, very deep, steel lined well was hit by lightening, which fried the well pump controller. FABULOUS NO WATER. The well company was out the next day to replace the controler - VOILA! WATER BACK! YEA!!!

With all of the much needed rain, I figured it was time to check the foundation and garages to make sure we did not have any water issues. I know, I know - why go looking for trouble. And trouble I did find. Six inches of water in the garage. (explicative! explicative! explicative!) Off to TSC, wal-mart, Ace Harware, and Southern States not a submersible pump to be found. SO I started brushing the water out of the garage - that did not work to well. And then I found the snow shovel...

for 3 hours I used the snow shovel to get the GD F-ing H2O out of the garage.

Which BTW - is still wet! GRRR

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't homeownership fun?

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger NoodleP said...

Homeownership is so much fun I can not stand it.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker